Arabica coffee beans roasted and grounded finely without cardamom for Turkish Coffee ceremonial making.
- Measure the amount of cold water you will need.
- Place your pot of water on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high enough to heat up the water
- Add about 1-2 heaping tea spoons (or 1 tablespoon) of coffee per demitasse cup (3 oz). Do not stir it yet. Just let the coffee “float” on the surface because if you stir it now you might cause it to clump up.
- Add sugar to taste. Do not stir it yet, Let the water warm up little bit as above.
- When the coffee starts to sink into the water and the water is warm enough to dissolve your sugar, stir it several times and then turn down the heat to low. You should stir it several times, up until your brew starts to foam
- When you see the bubble “ring” forming on the surface, turn down the heat a little bit more or move your pot away from the heat source. Pay attention to the bubbles that are forming at this stage. Bubbles should be very small in size.
- From this point on watch your coffee carefully. Do not let the temperature get hot enough to start boiling.
The key idea here is to let the coffee build a thick froth and that occurs approximately around 158 F or 70 C
Keep it at the “foaming” stage as long as you can without letting it come to a boil. You might even gently stir your brew a little bit at this stage. The more froth, the better it will taste.
SOLD IN: Aluminum Foil 450g (0.99lb)